Mom finally got an oncology appointment set up yesterday.  She'll go next week to DHMC and get the doctor's input on her file.  I know that she doesn't want chemo, I know that they'll want to give it to her if she accepts any treatment, so we'll just have to wait and see.  She's old enough, at almost 82, to go for it if they say that she has a really good chance of living another decade, but if they say, well, you have a 50/50 chance but we'll attack it aggressively, she'll probably just come home without anything more than a pain management plan.  Dad was the same way.  I think they'v watched too many people have an awful quality of life at the end fighting against something that took their lives anyway.  So we'll just have to wait and see.

05/20/2010 5:05am

For our part we will pray that she finds peace in her heart with what ever decision she would choose to make....and that ya'll find a share in that peace.

hugs - aus and co.


Your comment will be posted after it is approved.

Leave a Reply.